[Vortex] [ANN] Turbulence 0.5.6 'Shake it out' is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Tue Sep 4 10:40:43 CEST 2012
-= Turbulence 0.5.6 =-
"Shake it out"
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce Turbulence
0.5.6 "Shake it out" release: an open source BEEP application
server, written on top of Vortex Library 1.1.
Turbulence is a BEEP server extensible through modules which allows
to implement server side profiles that are used and combined later
with other profiles through run time configuration.
Turbulence is written to make it easy to develop and deploy BEEP
profiles, allowing developers to provide a convenient configuration
interface to site administrators and end users.
Check out the following links to get ready with Turbulence:
[Vortex Library homepage]
[Sources and binaries]
[BEEP Core community web site]
[Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
The release in short
New stable release that includes bug fixings
Changes since the 0.5.5
* [new] Updated turbulence context handler to record a reference to
the context itself into the vortex context. Also added new macro to
get VortexCtx from TurbulenceCtx. API added:
* [fix] Making turbulence conn mgr to log errors found on connections
that are closed. Skipped typical errors to avoid logging frequent
errors (like connection closed by remote peer, and similar).
* [fix] Fixed turbulence reg tests to conform latest vortex changes..
* [new] Updated turbulence module API to include a function that
allows configuring if a particular module should be unmapped when
close. Used this to avoid unmapping mod-python, which later gives
problems if it is loaded again into the same process. Updated
regression test to use this. API added:
* [fix] Making python tests to be executed only if requested by the
tester. This is to avoid python poor support to init and finalize
several times the engine.
* [fix] Fixed wrong reference to libmysqlclient16, replaced by
libmysqlclient15off in debian lenny.
* [fix] Fixed memory leak inside turbulence-conn-mgr module when
connections errors are showed.
* [fix] Several updates to remove clean start concept which was
providing more problems than solving them. Updated base
configuration and documentation to remove all references to this
concept. Checked regression tests and updated them accordingly to
reflect the change. This won't break deployed/working
* [new] Updated turbulence-ctl command to read current radmin.conf
file found inside /etc/turbulence/profile.d to detect declared
serverName so now it is possible to use a random serverName value to
better integrate with deployed profile paths. Also updated the tool
to detect if SASL is enabled (as declared inside radmin.conf) so the
tool directly start SASL before proceeding creating radmin-ctl
* [new] Added new script that properly setup the radmin module, creating
all files and user databases. Script added:
* [fix] Updated tbc-setup-mod-radmin.py to also detect and enable
mod-radmin in case it isn't.
* [fix] Updated debian files to include libturbulence-mod-radmin.
* [fix] Adding debian missing files..
* [fix] Fixed wrong reference to turbulence-config from mod-radmin.
* [fix] More debian updates..
* [new] Updated turbulence context creation to track when it was
created. Now this value is used by mod-radmin status to report how
long (in seconds) was the server running.
* [fix] Updated mod-radmin status command to report more info about
run time server status.
* [new] Updated mod-radmin to include a new command (show channels) to
show all channels running in all connections handled by the server
(including their children).
* [fix] Fixed console table size calculation at turbulence-ctl
* [fix] Skipping master listener connections from be showed by "show
channels" command inside mod-radmin.
* [fix] Fixed turbulence_support_smtp_send to include an additional
\r\n when sending files.
* [fix] Removed unuseful info from conn mgr module..
* [fix] Removed debug messages from conn mgr modules..
* [fix] Making kill conn command to check if : is present in the kill
* [fix] Updated PyTurbulenceCtx to include a new function msg2 that
wraps turbulence's msg2.
* [fix] Making mod-sasl-mysql to not filter auth request for users
that aren't available so no "auth filtered" message is shown when
non existent users..
Advanced Software Production Line provides GNU/Linux support and
consulting services to help organizations to introduce GNU/Linux
inside its process.
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or BEEP based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
04th Sep 2012, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the Vortex