[Vortex] Vortex for native 64-bit Windows?

Jeff Kenneally jkenneally at cartenav.com
Thu May 29 14:21:18 CEST 2014

Sorry, I sent this yesterday before realizing I hate to wait on moderator acceptance to the list.  I'm not sure if I missed a reply or not, so re-sending just in case:

Hello,

I'm investigating the use of the vortex libraries in an application that is being ported from Win32 to native 64-bit Windows (ie x64 target).

I looked at the 'current downloads' list (https://code.google.com/p/vortexlibrary/downloads/list) of released versions of vortex, and there is one release that seems to be native 64 bit windows, but is a few versions behind.   For example, there is a vortex 1.1.13 build for linux, and a 1.1.12 build for win32, but only a 1.1.10 build for w64.

So my questions are pretty straightforward:
1)  Is the file "vortex-installer-1.1.10-4846-4846-w64.exe" truly a native 64-bit windows sdk?   I.e. will I be able to link to it and run with my Visual Studio x64 exectutable project?
2) Should I be concerned about being a few builds behind the current linux version of 1.1.13?  Any major differences or bugs that would discourage using 1.1.10 w64?

Thanks!
Jeff