[Vortex] [ANN] Turbulence 0.6.4 "Common people" is ready for download!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis.brosnan at aspl.es
Thu Sep 1 12:02:17 CEST 2022
-= Turbulence 0.6.4 =-
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce Turbulence
0.6.4 "Common People" release: an open source BEEP application
server, written on top of Vortex Library 1.1.
Turbulence is a BEEP server extensible through modules which allows
to implement server side profiles that are used and combined then
with other profiles through run time configuration.
Turbulence is written to make it easy to develop and deploy BEEP
profiles, allowing developers to provide a convenient configuration
interface to site administrators and end users.
Check out the following links to get ready with Turbulence:
[BEEP Core community web site]
The release in short
- Added several updates and bug fixings.
- Added support for Debian BullsEye, Debian Buster and Ubuntu Focal
Changes since the 0.6.4
* [fix] Finished support for crypt(3) API for mod-sasl and
mod-sasl-mysql extension plugin. Now the module is able to auth old
passwords and passwords crypted by crypt(3) API. Added regression
test (test_03a) to check support introduced and added documentation
to mod-sasl to explain how to use it.
* [fix] Updated common-sasl.c code to define _GNU_SOURCE just if it is
* [fix] Updated mod-sasl-mysql extension library to allow implementing
alternative auth locations with <get-password-alt> and
<get-password-alt-cleanup>. This new feature is been used by
Core-Admin to provide auto login features
* [fix] Updated mod_sasl_mysql to use ATTR_VALUE_TRANS when getting
values from xml configuration so administrators can use xml escaped
characters like (' apos).
* [fix] Adding directory test/test_15_datadir (with empty file so
github.com allows to import it).
* [fix] Fixed compilation errors spotted by gcc (5.3.1)
* [fix] Several improvements inside turbulence_process_receive_socket
function to better report errors during the process. Added especial
case to detect loopback interface failures..
* [fix] Making master<->child link creation to report addresses, errno
codes and indications when vortex_connection_new for master link
* [fix] Making turbulence server to check vortex_support_pipe () to
avoid starting in the case a failure is found. Without that API
turbulence cannot work properly.
* [fix] Clear memory before calling read bytes from the wire inside
turbulence conn mgr module (proxy mode).
* [fix] Updated turbulence-conn-mgr module (proxy read code) to use
try_read_pending API provided by vortex to do more read calls when
detected pending code to read. Fixes interation with
* [fix] Corrected libturbulence-mod-python descriptions for debian
* [fix] Improved turbulence init.d script to avoid killing it self
when calling to restart..
* [fix] Updated Turbulence Profile Path selection to setup max frame
limit at connection level as connection is notified accepted.
* [fix] Updated code for turbulence-ppath module to clean state freed,
and additional code checking path mask selection.
* [fix] Increased timeout to finish child process when found no
connection to watch.
* [fix] Added code to detect if turbulence context is exiting before
calling for profile path selection after connection registration.
* [fix] Updated turbulence_ctx_exit to flag at the very beginning that
the context is in the process of closing. Added some reporting to
show what is closing (child or master process).
* [fix] Updated configure.ac to use get-python-config to adapt
compilation to support python2.7 where python3.X is default
Advanced Software Production Line (ASPL) provides Linux Cloud Services
through https://asplhosting.com, to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux into their processes, making other platforms to properly
interact with it.
You can reach us:
https://www.asplhosting.com - info at aspl.es
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - https://www.asplhosting.com
1th Sep 2022, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the Vortex