[Axl] [ANN] Axl library 0.2.6, the more platform release is out!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Mon Oct 23 17:08:02 CEST 2006
# Axl Library release note: 0.2.6 #
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce a new Axl
Axl Library is an small and efficient XML toolkit, that will allow you
to produce efficient and clear code that interfaces with XML data.
The library was produced to support XML requirements needed by
software developed by Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
At this moment the library is being used by Vortex Library and
[ http://xml.aspl.es ]
Vortex Library Homepage
[ http://vortex.aspl.es ]
[ http://fact.aspl.es ]
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
[ http://www.aspl.es ]
[ http://xml.aspl.es/memory-report-0.2.6.html ]
This release in short
Fixed Axl library to compile and properly work on Amd64 running
Linux. Due to this, checked that Axl Library builds and runs
properly at: Alpha (running Linux), Openpower (running Linux),
PowerPC (running Linux), NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Windows and Linux
(all of them running on x86).
More API to the library has been added and more library performance
improvement has been done. See memory report.
Milton Yates for reporting Amd64 problem.
Thanks to the SourceForge team for its great job and to provide
access to such compile farm.
Changes from previous release 0.2.5
* [fix] Committing a modification (pending to be authenticated) solving
a compile problem found at amd64. va_list pointers can't be copied
using a normal assignation. Updated stream_get_untilv calling to
pass directly the pointer to args.
* [fix] flag with "const" several functions from inside the axl stream
module: axl_stream_cmp, axl_stream_strdup, axl_stream_strdup_n,
axl_stream_strdup_printf_len, axl_stream_split and
* [fix] Committing a general update to produce a new file
(axl_config.h) from inside the autoconf process, include includes a
OS detection macro, and some macro definitions that are platform
specific. This will solve problems found at the amd64 platform while
compiling Axl Library.
* [fix] Committing axl_config_win32.h file (specific to the win32
platform) and Makefile.am updated to include this file into the
* [fix] updating Makefile.win to use the axl_config_win32.h (because
axl_config.h) isn't produced if autoconf isn't used.
* [new] Improving axl annotate API to include functions to annotate int,
string and double values directly without performing castings. API
* [fix] Updated test file to include checks for the API elements
* [fix] Committing more updates to the configure.ac file.
* [fix] updating axl.nsi file (0.2.5 release), Makefile.win to remove
-DAXL_OS_WIN32 already provided by the configure process.
* [fix] Changing enum names for NodeType declaration to void clashing
with other common declarations found. Updated source code and tests.
NODE -> AXL_ELEMENT_NODE
ELEMENT_LIST -> AXL_ELEMENT_LIST
NOT_DEFINED -> AXL_ELEMENT_NOT_DEFINED
* [new] Added to new support functions to dump xml document
represented inside memory to a file. API added:
* [fix] Updated documentation for axl_node_set_comment and
* [fix] Reimplemented xml node attribute handling to use an hybrid
model where attributes are stored in a linked list when they are
fewer than 10 attributes and automatically use a hash structure if
it gets bigger than that. This now makes the reference test to move
its memory usage from 1.890.423 to 1.513.887 and runtime speed from
0.83 to 0.73. GREAT!!
* [fix] Making axl dumping operations to place attributes in the order
they were added.
* [fix] fixed __axl_log declaration which was making axl to not
compile under alpha running Linus platform.
* [fix] making axl library configuration process to detect vasprintf
function disabling it from the source code if it wasn't found.
* [fix] fixing wrong references at the axl documentation to memory
About Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project uses Axl library to support its XML requirements
while exchanging data between nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to enable organisation to introduce
GNU/Linux inside its process, making other platforms to interact
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or XML based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Axl Library help you. Enjoy Axl Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
23th Oct 2006, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the Axl