[noPoll] Some package-related bugs

Francis Brosnan Blázquez francis en aspl.es
Vie Oct 31 11:25:44 CET 2014

On jue, 2014-10-30 at 03:21 +0100, Félix wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Félix,

> I have found some bugs while packaging noPoll for ArchLinux. I have
> the same bugs on OS X.

Ok,

> First, autogen.sh is producing some warnings, which are treated as
> errors  :
> configure.ac:47: warning: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE: two- and three-arguments
> forms are deprecated.  For more info, see:
> configure.ac:47:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Modernize-AM_005fINIT_005fAUTOMAKE-invocation
> src/Makefile.am:7: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for
> 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
> test/Makefile.am:8: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for
> 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')

Uhmn...I don't these errors on debian wheezy, debian squeeze, ubuntu
precise and other distributions.... :-?

I've tried to update these value to the provided indications but I'm
getting lot of m4/autoconf errors... :-?

Maybe you could provide a patch that I can test easily...

> Also, the '--Werror' flag is not defined for autoconf :
> automake: error: unrecognized option '--Werror'.
> '-Werror' should be used.

Fixed,

> And finally, there is a problem for headers : they are installed in
> …/include/nopoll, but, in the headers, #include <nopoll_[…].h> is
> used, so the compiler can't find it.
> Maybe the includes should me prefixed with 'nopoll/', like this :
> #include <nopoll/nopoll_[…].h>

Ok, for this to work, you have to use pkg-config, that is, running the
following will give you the right includes:

>> pkg-config --cflags nopoll
-I/usr/include/nopoll

More info at:
http://www.aspl.es/nopoll/html/nopoll_core_library_manual.html#using_nopoll

Thanks for reporting Félix :-) Best Regards