[Valvula] axl source - python axl missing

Francis Brosnan Blázquez francis en aspl.es
Vie Mar 6 09:21:32 CET 2015

El vie, 06-03-2015 a las 00:04 +0100, Martin Thomas Schrott escribió:

> Hi Francis,

Hi there Martin,

> thanks,okay one step further,axl now can be imported, but axl tries to
> import libpy_axl which cannot be found now. Where will this be
> located?:-)

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/axl/__init__.py", line
> 5, in <module>
>     from libpy_axl import *
> ImportError: No module named libpy_axl

Uhmn...that's odd :-?

> wouldn't it make sense to place this in the same directory?

Ok, it should be located in the same directory as the __init__.py file
that is failing to
import it, that is, in your case, it should be located
at /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/axl/

I'm doing here some tests with a Centos 6.3 amd64 and I have them
installed:

        >> ls -la /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/axl
        total 464
        drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root   4096 mar  6 09:16 .
        drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root   4096 mar  5 18:00 ..
        -rw-r--r--. 1 root root    107 mar  6 09:16 __init__.py
        -rw-r--r--. 1 root root    223 mar  5 18:05 __init__.pyc
        -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 298542 mar  6 09:16 libpy_axl.a
        -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root   1039 mar  6 09:16 libpy_axl.la
        lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     18 mar  6 09:16 libpy_axl.so -> libpy_axl.so.0.0.0
        lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     18 mar  6 09:16 libpy_axl.so.0 -> libpy_axl.so.0.0.0
        -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 154549 mar  6 09:16 libpy_axl.so.0.0.0

If you run the same command but with your directory, what do you get?
I mean, running ls -la /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/axl/

Let's see,
Best Regards,