[Vortex] Re: AXL into C++ problem

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Sun Apr 30 12:15:56 CEST 2006

El sáb, 29-04-2006 a las 23:16 +0200, Milton YATES escribió:
> Hi Francis,

Hi Milton,

> I use Vortex in a C++ based program. So far so good.
>
> With the new AXL library, you have introduced a bool type (typedef int
> bool in /usr/include/axl/axl_decl.h), as you may know, the bool type
> already exists in C++ and this IS a problem, as it breaks
> compatibility
> of the lib to be compiled in a C++ environnement.

Ops! this is a bad new (I completly forgot the c++ bool type).

> To solve this issue, I can see 3 solutions:
>
> 1. Patch /usr/include/axl/axl_decl.h with this:
>
> -typedef int bool
> +#ifndef __cplusplus
> +typedef int bool;
> +#endif
>
> This is enough to solve the problem, but the next solution is probably
> even cleaner:
>
> 2. Change the name of your bool type to something like 'BOOL',
> 'boolean'
> or anything else that is not in the C++ standard.

I think we are going to redefine the boolean type to aboolean so we avoid
collitions with other booleans definitions.

I'm going to produce a new release for Axl Library as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting Milton!

> Bye
> Milton.
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.