[Vortex] AXL into C++ problem

Milton YATES milton.yates at loule.info
Sat Apr 29 23:16:50 CEST 2006

Hi Francis,

I use Vortex in a C++ based program. So far so good.

With the new AXL library, you have introduced a bool type (typedef int
bool in /usr/include/axl/axl_decl.h), as you may know, the bool type
already exists in C++ and this IS a problem, as it breaks compatibility
of the lib to be compiled in a C++ environnement.

To solve this issue, I can see 3 solutions:

1. Patch /usr/include/axl/axl_decl.h with this:

-typedef int bool
+#ifndef __cplusplus
+typedef int bool;
+#endif

This is enough to solve the problem, but the next solution is probably
even cleaner:

2. Change the name of your bool type to something like 'BOOL', 'boolean'
or anything else that is not in the C++ standard.

3. Don't change anything and be damned for eternity :)

Bye
Milton.