[Vortex] side effect of restoring default log handler

Philip Kovacs kovacsp3 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 14 20:20:03 CEST 2006

Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:
> El mié, 14-06-2006 a las 00:41 -0400, Philip Kovacs escribió:
> Hi Phil!
>
>> When I restore the default log handler after vortex_init():
>>
>> vortex_init();
>> g_log_set_default_handler (g_log_default_handler, NULL);
>>
>> vortex acts as if it's in debug mode and prints a huge stream of
>> debug messages.
>>
>> How can I suppress that?
>>

> Try the following patch, attached to the mail. Also remove the
> g_log_set_default_handler sentence after vortex_init
>
> The patch modifies the default vortex internal log handling to detect
> and use default log handling from GLib if vortex console log is not
> activated and the source domain doesn't comes from vortex core.
>
> Let us to if this solves the problem Phil

I'm using vortex svn, and rev 2071 has this patch, so I installed
that.   If VORTEX_DEBUG
in unset, all is well, but if you set it, vortex handlers takes over
again.   It should be possible
to restrict use of your handlers even when using VORTEX_DEBUG.

Phil

N.B. I think that all that debug code should be conditionally compiled,
        i.e. configure --enable-debug and --disable-debug.