[Vortex] xml-rpc API bug

milton.yates at loule.info milton.yates at loule.info
Tue Apr 3 12:49:15 CEST 2007

hi,

I've found, what I think is, an inconsistency in the API:

* vortex_xml_rpc_accept_negociation proposes to pass user_data to the "VortexXmlRpcValidateResource validate_resource" callback, via its second parameter.

BUT

* type VortexXmlRpcValidateResource is:
bool(*) VortexXmlRpcValidateResource(VortexConnection *connection, int channel_number, char *serverName, char *resource_path)
--> it has NO user_data parameter !

this is most likely an inconsistency and can get annoying.

I suppose an API change would be required for VortexXmlRpcValidateResource to include the void* (AxlPointer) pointer in its parameters.

Bye,
Milton.