[Vortex] Vortex bug?

milton.yates at loule.info milton.yates at loule.info
Fri Feb 9 12:13:11 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm preparing the gentoo ebuilds for Vortex, well yes, a bit late, I just don't remember seeing a release mail for the 1.0 on this list... whatever.

while compiling vortex, I encountered an error while compiling tests:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -ltermcap

it appears while linking vortex-client, it is passed -ltermcap.
I included libtermcap-compat to the previous ebuilds to provide a way for this to work, but for some strange reason, it does not work anymore. oO

Anyway, this dependency does not seem relevant anymore because of the use of readline, correct me if I'm wrong.

In the end, it compiles and seems to run fine without the -ltermcap in test/Makefile.* so I would suggest removing it.

I'll provide a patch with the ebuild for now, as I guess this would be included in a future revision.

I'll update libaxl and libvortex ebuilds tonight

cheers

Milton.