[Vortex] Another ANS frame related bug?

Yourch, Chris chris at replicus.com
Thu Nov 8 21:50:21 CET 2007

Here's more info on the ANS frame bug.

I send the MSG for the file request the first time and it works fine.
ANS and NUL frames are sent back and received.

The second time, the destination computer receives the MSG and correctly
sends back all the ANS frames and the NUL frame. But, the source
computer never gets any frames. The frame handler is never called.

The third time I issue the file request, it works.

Finally, the fourth time I issue the request, the destination computer
receives the MSG and correctly sends back all the ANS frames and the NUL
frame. But, the source computer never gets any frames. The frame handler
is never called.

The ANS and NUL frames get lost somewhere on the 2nd, 4th, request. I
confirmed this by changing the contents of the file after each request
and noticing that the bits for the 2nd, 4th, etc request never made it
to the source machine.