[Vortex] Windows issues and memory tracking in debug builds

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Nov 12 09:37:56 CET 2007

Hi Chris,

> 1. The source code downloaded from Sourceforge does not include the
> libaxl.def. Also, the libaxl.vcproj file does not include the .DEF
> file
> either.

Ok. I was thinking about the windows installers. Fixed. In the meantime,
you can access to it at [1].

> 2. Oh, I was thinking this was a private API call. At least in debug
> builds, using the memory tracking suggestions below, a free on an
> object
> already freed would be caught.
>
> As for the memory tracking changes, I can make them here and send you
> the updated modules?

Sure Chris, patches are always welcome. About the change you are
proposing, and connected with the axl_realloc proposal, maybe the best
way to approach to this problem is to allow axl library to configure the
tree-set of functions used to manage memory: calloc, realloc and free.

This would help people wanting to implement memory tracking stuff to
provide such handlers without requiring that code to be included into
the axl or vortex base code.

Cheers!

> Chris

[1]