[Vortex] More strange behavior during MSG/ANS pattern

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Thu Oct 18 20:33:20 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

> Is there a performance hit when doing a bunch of MSG/RPY versus
> MSG/ANS/NUL?

For our case, the only penalty is that all MSG issued by the server must
be answered with an RPY. With the ANS/NUL pattern, the client
application receiving the file do not have to reply to them (including
the NUL one), which saves additional cpu, thread activations to process
this unuseful RPY and bandwitdh....

The key issue here is that switching between both models is really easy.
That's nice about BEEP...

> When do think the ANS/NUL pattern will be upgraded?

It should be soon....;-)

> Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks for reporting Chris,
Cheers!