[Vortex] hang on quit -- "we still didn't received all replies" over and over

Benoit Amiaux b.amiaux at ateme.com
Tue Apr 8 10:39:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

Jens Alfke wrote:
> So what I want is basically vortex_connection_close with a timeout. 99%
> of the time everything closes down cleanly. In the 1% of the time, my
> app locks up for, say, 30 seconds, then recovers and shuts down the
> connection and quits.

I fully agree with that, your suggestion of a new
vortex_connection_close with a timeout is the best compromise. I'm
currently using vortex_connection_shutdown only, as getting locked by
rogue peers isn't an option for my application but it also means i'm
never giving any connection a chance to get closed properly.

Bye,
Benoit AMIAUX