[Vortex] connection & channel creation sequence

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Wed Apr 16 16:52:05 CEST 2008

On 16 Apr '08, at 6:47 AM, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> Step 3a and 3b can run in parallel. I have run into problems and I
> think
> the source comes from the server wants to create a channel using a
> profile
> where the client isn't yet ready. But I don't know what "not ready"
> means
> in this situation, is it because profiles are not registered on the
> client
> side?

I believe the BEEP protocol specifies that the peers tell each other
their supported profiles immediately after opening the connection. In
other words, you have to register profiles beforehand.

What I do is register every profile I know how to handle, right after
I initialize Vortex; if I don't want to support all those profiles in
all connections, I implement the callback (I forget which one) that
allows a connection to specify whether it supports a particular profile.

—Jens