[Vortex] [ISSUE] API mismatch using custom SSL contexts

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Fri Apr 25 10:36:22 CEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:07:08 +0200, Benoit Amiaux <b.amiaux at ateme.com>
wrote:

> LGPL force you to enable the user of your derived-work to link his own
> version of the library. It's very easy to do when using the library as a
> shared library as you can just recompile it. With static linking, you
> need to give objects and instructions on how to relink your application.
> IMHO, it's much more awkward.

Hi, hmm... well, I don't see the benefit of a user to link his own version
(either statically or dynamically) but anyway.

@ASPL: Was this intended when choosing LGPL license or did you choose this
one because it's very common? Why not switch to something like BSD? What I
understand from your web-site your intention is that Vortex library can be
used for all kind of applications be it commercial or not. If this is
true, life can be made easier for all of use, if there are not
restrictions concerning how the lib can be used and linked to an
application.

Robert