[Vortex] [ISSUE] API mismatch using custom SSL contexts

Jorge Cabello jorge at aspl.es
Fri Apr 25 11:55:34 CEST 2008

Hello Robert,

The LGPL licence was chosen because:
      * Its an open source licence
      * Any changes made must also be licensed under the LGPL
      * Users are allowed to link it with proprietary software

Why not BSD? Proprietary forking. The BSD licence would allow another
company/person to get the code and modify it without giving back the
changes to the comunity, using the effort of all the people who has
worked on this proyect to his own benefit.

ASPL is not going to prosecute people for only static linking Vortex
into his software. Anyway. its your obligation to follow the licence as
anyone could demand it and, again, in consideration to all the people
who has worked on Vortex.

For customer with commercial support the licence can be slightly changed
to full fit their needs but always granting the previous things.

I hope this helps to clarify the reasons of using the LGPL licence.

Jorge Cabello