[Vortex] Problem when calling vortex_connection_close

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Apr 28 15:28:20 CEST 2008

Hi Robert,

> Hi. I have a problem when I call vortex_connection_close that it
> doesn't
> close all channels. I can see in the debug output that there is the
> following output "we still didn't sent replies for connection ???
> channel
> ??? ..."

Every message received must be replied in order to cleanly close a
connection....

> So it seems there are some replies missing. Unfortunately I can't
> make
> anuse of the "channel ???" information because this looks like a
> pointer
> address and not a channel ID.

..it's odd; looks like a format problem rather a pointer issue because
the printf format %d do not produce ??? (or at least it's first time I
see it)...

> How can I find out on which channel a reply still needs to be sent?
> From
> my code I would say it's all sent but...

Fix the format problem or check channel status just before calling to
vortex_connection_close.

If you don't want to wait on close you can also use
vortex_connection_shutdown avoiding to get locked if a channel have
pending replies.

Cheers!

> Robert
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.