[Vortex] Problem when calling vortex_connection_close

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Wed Apr 30 08:40:47 CEST 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:31:12 +0200, Francis Brosnan Blazquez
<francis at aspl.es> wrote:

>> I use "vortex_connection_foreach_channel" to do this. Will this
>> function walk over channel 0 as well? Because for one channel I get a
>> "not
>> applicable" result when calling "vortex_channel_get_profile".
>
> Right. Channel 0 have that profile.

Hi, how about returning "Channel 0 profile" for a call to
"vortex_channel_get_profile"? I think this makes it more clear.

>> All channels return TRUE for "vortex_channel_is_ready"
>
> This function signals if the channel is ready in the sense a reply to a
> message sent won't be blocked by previous "waiting replies". In other
> words, you did receive all replies for all your messages if the function
> returns true.

And, that's what I'm looking for because the log-output states some replys
are missing. If each channel returns TRUE, no replys are missing.

> However, the log is reporting your channel didn't sent all replies to
> all messages received, which is the opposite:

Yep.

> "we still didn't sent replies for connection=3208816  channel=3208768,
> block until all replies are sent"
>
> As a general rule, any MSG received, by both peers, must be replied by a
> RPY or ERR or ANS/NUL series.

That's how my code works and which is indicated by checking the channels.
It's really strange.

I hope we can sort out the strange log-output problem and than see what's
reported back to further track it down. Robert