[Vortex] Vortex dropping connections.

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Thu Feb 7 19:19:43 CET 2008

Hi Beniot,

Just to confirm, there was a bug inside the frame reply code executed in
out of order situations, which was causing to not recheck the next seq
no value to use, causing the sending peer to issue consecutive frames,
with the same seq no value, making the remote peer to drop the
connection due to the protocol violation...

I've updated both branches (1.0) and (1.1) but it is required to upgrade
regression test to reach the required amount of throughput to activate
the bug and then see how it performs with/without the patch applied.

Cheers!

> Hi,
>
> Mark Kane wrote:
> > vortex-channel: Received a rpy request for message 89783912 while
> > already waiting to reply to 89783864, storing and unlocking caller for
> > later deliver
> > vortex-channel: found pending reply=88735336 to be sent on channel=88735288
>
> I'm not sure whether it's the proper behaviour from BEEP, but I've found
> out that whenever you reply to messages in disorder, vortex will shut
> down the connection (instead of storing the reply and waiting the
> previous one).
> As I'm sending hundred of messages per second, it's not acceptable so I
> added some kind of FIFO for replies on top of vortex that force the
> replies to be sent in correct order.

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.