[Vortex] Logging in Vortex lib with Win32 app.

Mark Kane markkane_67 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:44:11 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been using the vortex libs in a win32 app now for several months and I'm at a point where I'd like to enable logging to assist with debugging.

I tried calling vortex_log_enable( true ) and then checked it with vortex_log_is_enabled(); which returns false. I then downloaded the source and had a look through. It appears that the library has to be built with  ENABLE_VORTEX_LOG defined in order to work.

I've tried to build the lib using the appropriate flags to eliminate dependence on SASL and TLS and although I can get it to build, I get heap corruption when I run with the resulting dll.

Any tips on building this under Visual Studio 2005? Or, is there a binary available with logging enabled?

Thanks,

Mark Kane