[Vortex] BRANCH: created to support libvortex-1.1 development

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue Jan 22 10:15:09 CET 2008

Hi,

In the past days we have been working on splitting the library into two
branches that will evolve in an independent manner.

The intention with the new branch is to allow libvortex-1.0 [1] series
to keep on providing the same API so applications already delivered will
work.

In the new branch, libvortex-1.1 [2], we have introduced a global API
change making the library true context based. Now, inside the same
process it is possible to start several vortex engines each one with its
particular configuration.

The change introduced is now stable and shows to be properly working on
linux and windows, passing all regression tests.

Turbulence [3] has been also upgraded to use the new library version and
shows to properly work on windows as well as linux.

During the change, we have spent the required time to port patches and
bug fixes reported, that were designed to 1.0 into the 1.1 branch.

We will maintain both branches as long as new patches are provided but
our efforts will be focused on 1.1 series.

For our commercial customers we will keep providing them active support
for 1.0 branch.

Cheers!

[1] https://dolphin.aspl.es/svn/publico/af-arch/trunk/libvortex/
[2] https://dolphin.aspl.es/svn/publico/af-arch/trunk/libvortex-1.1/