[Vortex] Question on building vortexlib on MingW

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Wed Jun 25 10:02:35 CEST 2008

> Hi,

Hi Robert,

> as I need some other open-source libraries and tools, I had to setup a
> MingW development environment and compile Vortex as well. I have setup
> MingW to be able to handle autoconf & configure scripts. After getting
> pkg-config etc. to run under MingW, vortexlib builds with only one problem
> in the linker step:
>
> It seems that the configure script doesn't add the windows specific link
> libraries like ws2_32.lib if the build environment is MingW. How can I fix
> this?
>
> The windows makefiles expect MSVC whereas MingW uses GCC.

Attached there is an untested patch, though it should work, that detect
mingw platform and add ws2_32.lib. If you take a look into the patch
you'll see there is a change at the configure.ac file and a reference in
all Makefile.am files to get the value installed on ADDITIONAL_LIBS.

Once applied the patch you'll have to run autogen.sh to refresh autoconf
files.

Cheers!

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.