[Vortex] "no data were waiting on this non-blocking connection" warning

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue Mar 4 16:00:09 CET 2008

> > It doesn't represent a problem at all Jens. Because vortex reader
> > design
> > is focused on handling non-blocking sockets this message is likely to
> > appear.
> > Maybe the best approach is to block log messages the domain
> > "vortex-frame-factory" inside your log handler....
>
> Wouldn't it be better to take out this warning, or demote it to a log?
> Generally a "warning" tells you about an unexpected condition that's
> likely to be harmful, and that doesn't seem to apply to this message.

What about moving to the second level log (activated if vortex_log2 is
enabled)? I agree in part with you, however this log is useful while
extending vortex...

In the order hand it is an unexpected condition since vortex reader do
not call to vortex_frame_get_next if the connection is not prepared to
provide data...

Cheers!

> —Jens
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.