[Vortex] PATCH: Project file for Xcode (Mac OS X IDE)

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Wed Mar 5 20:29:08 CET 2008

Now that I'm caught up with the latest Vortex sources, it's about time
to contribute my build environment for Mac OS X. I've been using this
for a few months.

Enclosed is a "MacOSX" directory that should go into vortex/src/. It
contains a project file for Apple's Xcode IDE, and a few support
files, plus a readme. The project builds Vortex and Axl into a
standard OS X "framework" that contains the headers and DTD files
along with the dylib. The framework can then be dropped into
applications to allow them to use Vortex while remaining self-
contained, with no need for an installer.

The files are fairly small; I hope they can be checked into the
official source tree to make life easier for Mac developers (just as
there's already a Visual Studio project for Windows.)

—Jens

PS: I've set up the project to be compatible down to OS X 10.4, but
I've only built and used it on 10.5. If anyone has 10.4, let me know
if there are any problems.

PPS: TLS is supported, but not SASL, since OS X comes with a different
SASL library than the one Vortex uses (and getting that one to build/
run on OS X was beyond my skillz.)