[Vortex] PATCH: Search-path initialization for OS X framework

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Thu Mar 6 08:36:50 CET 2008

There's a patch to vortex.c that I needed to make, to support
packaging Vortex as an OS X framework. The framework's directory needs
to be added to Vortex's search path, because that's where the DTD
files are. But there's a chicken-and-egg problem, because client code
can't change the search path until Vortex is initialized, but that
initialization fails if it can't find the DTD files.

So I modified the initialization code to use the CFBundle API to
locate the framework's directory and add it to the search path. The
changes are conditionalized with #ifdef AXL_OS_DARWIN, similarly to
the conditional compilation for Windows support.

Here's the patch. Without this, the framework built by the Xcode
project I submitted earlier today will build, but won't run.

—Jens