[Vortex] Race condition in channel opening

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Mar 31 11:35:28 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

Looks like a vortex bug caused by a race condition at the frame dispatch
code (my first impression). I would ask you:

> The sequence looks like:
>
> 1. Initiator requests a new channel (gets assigned #3)
> 2. Vortex sends the open-channel request over channel 0.
> 3. The other peer (the listener) receives open-channel request.
> 4. Listener sends response to open-channel request.
> 5. Application code on the listener side gets notified of the new
> channel, decides it's now safe to send messages, so it sends one over
> channel 3.

How do you implement this "gets notified"? Are you sending data right
inside the start channel handler or using
vortex_connection_set_channel_added_handler?

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.