[Vortex] Errors on OS X

Dave Dribin dave-ml at dribin.org
Thu May 1 16:03:00 CEST 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:
> On 30 Apr '08, at 12:50 PM, Dave Dribin wrote:
>
>> In file included from vortex.c:40:
>> ./vortex.h:422: error: conflicting types for 'unsetenv'
>> /usr/include/stdlib.h:247: error: previous declaration of 'unsetenv'
>> was here
>
> That declaration's wrapped in #ifdef __COMPILING_VORTEX__ ... and
> that's the only place that macro is ever used. I haven't run into
> this problem because in my Xcode project I don't define the macro.

This sounds like something that should be detected in the ./configure
script.  My automake/autoconf M4 foo is weak these days, so I can't
really offer any suggestions.

> It would be nice if this were fixed for command-line builds, though.
> Or if the Xcode IDE project and support files I submitted a few
> months ago could be added to the source tree.

Getting the command line builds working would be great for projects
like MacPorts and Fink, too.  An Xcode project would definitely be
nice to have.

> But I've never run into that runtime crash on OS X.

When I build using Xcode, I don't get a crash.  It's possibly my
libaxl build is busted, too.  I had to finagle its Makefiles a bit to
get it to build, as well.  Though, the backtrace looks like its all in
Vortex.

-Dave