[Vortex] Are content-types and transfer-encodings supposed to work?

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Fri May 9 08:57:21 CEST 2008

On 8 May '08, at 5:21 PM, I wrote:

> It appears there are bugs in Vortex with either generating or
> parsing the MIME headers for frames.

To answer my own question: I found the problem in
vortex_frame_get_next, which doesn't parse MIME headers properly at
all. It's hardcoded to look for only a single optional "Content-Type"
header; if there are headers past that, or if the first header isn't
"Content-Type", it doesn't notice and screws up the parsing of the
remainder of the frame.

I'm working on adding a real parser to it. It'll read the "Content-
Transfer-Encoding" header too, and will properly skip & ignore any
headers it doesn't understand. Stay tuned...

—Jens