[Vortex] BUG: Vortex sends messages with incorrect syntax

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Fri May 9 21:47:47 CEST 2008

On 9 May '08, at 10:43 AM, I wrote:

> It would be trivial to fix this by making
> vortex_frame_build_up_from_params_s always add the CRLF before the
> payload.

...but maybe not. I looked at this, and it appears that this function
gets called for every frame — even the ones resulting from fragmented
messages. In that case, the headers or CRLF should not be added to the
subsequent frames; but the function has no way of knowing whether
that's the case.

Vortex itself only calls it from one place in the sequencer, where it
does know whether this is a piece of a fragmented message, so it would
be possible to add a new boolean parameter to
vortex_frame_build_up_from_params_s; but that involves an API change
since that function is public.

—Jens