[Vortex] BUG: Vortex sends messages with incorrect syntax

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Tue May 13 20:54:49 CEST 2008

On Fri, 09 May 2008 21:47:47 +0200, Jens Alfke <jens at mooseyard.com> wrote:

> ...but maybe not. I looked at this, and it appears that this function
> gets called for every frame — even the ones resulting from fragmented
> messages. In that case, the headers or CRLF should not be added to the
> subsequent frames; but the function has no way of knowing whether
> that's the case.
>
> Vortex itself only calls it from one place in the sequencer, where it
> does know whether this is a piece of a fragmented message,

Hi, but in this case some "global" flag needs to be used or does the
sequence calls two different versions? If the function as always adding
CRLF either don't call it but call anything else or the function can make
the decision.

> so it would be possible to add a new boolean parameter to
> vortex_frame_build_up_from_params_s; but that involves an API change
> since that function is public.

I would check a flag/state from inside the function and not change the
API. But of course the behaviour will change. Robert