[Vortex] anyone got Vortex running on Iphone SDK?

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue May 13 22:04:32 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

> I submitted a patch months ago that adds an Xcode project, to go
> inside src/MacOSX/, but it was never integrated in.

As you will understand, we can't include a building support for some
tool we can't check if is working, not only at the time the contribution
was received, but on future releases. This will give the wrong official
impression if it is included "as is" in the repostiroy.

In our particular case, what we need is someone that officially take
care about supporting Xcode build system; that is, someone that people
in the list could ask if something goes wrong. If you want to maintain
Xcode package for vortex, I'll update vortex download package [1], and
sourceforge site to include them. Drop me an email if this is your
intention.

In general, if we receive a set of files to support vortex with some
particular XXX building system, etc, but no interest on supporting and
evolving such building system in the time, we can only do is to direct
users in the mailing list to the post done, as we have done with your
MacOSX Xcode contribution with people asking for it.

BTW, Jens' Xcode support is located at [2].

Cheers!
[1] http://www.aspl.es/vortex/download.html
[2] http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2008-March/000398.html

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.