[Vortex] getting error compiling axl

Dave Dribin dave-ml at dribin.org
Wed May 14 18:19:45 CEST 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 5:31 AM, Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:
> Hi Jimmy,
>
> Exactly the same error was reported by Dave Dribin here [1], but it is
> supposed to be fixed. I think it is an error caused by libtool or
> automake: which versions are you running?

Remember, automake and autoconf are *not* run by the end-user.
They're only used to create the ./configure script.  It's the
developer's responsibility to use the correct version prior to
releasing, usually via make dist. (Okay, not 100% true.  If the user
is building from svn, then they need to run automake/autoconf. But
that's not the typical end-user sceneario.)

That said, it looks like ns/Makefile.am is incorrect in 0.5.1.  This
line, in particular:

      17 libaxl_ns_LIDADD         = ../src/libaxl.la

I can't remember the details, but according to my message from a few
weeks ago[1], that should be libaxl_ns_la_LIBADD.

-Dave

[1]: http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/axl/2008-April/000079.html