[Vortex] Is vortex assuming that msg numbers on channels start at 1 and increase by 1/

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Fri Nov 21 10:20:51 CET 2008

Am 20.11.2008, 13:19 Uhr, schrieb Francis Brosnan Blazquez <francis at aspl.es>:

> In the other hand, the fact Vortex works with other BEEP
> implementations, in terms of message number generation, only means they
> chose a sane pattern, but, technically, they (including vortex), should
> allow receiving the message 5 then 659 and then 3. I suspect no BEEP
> implementation supports this at this moment.

Hi, can someone state a good cause why such a pattern is allowed? I really don't see any added-value to support this and I have no clue why this was defined in the standard.

Is it worth the effort to "fix" this? Maybe explicitly stating that this subtle feature is not supported is OK too.

--
Robert M. Münch
Mobile: +49 (177) 245 2802