[Vortex] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.15 'The attack of the mutant protocols!' is ready!

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Mon Oct 6 15:05:42 CEST 2008

Am 06.10.2008, 14:48 Uhr, schrieb Francis Brosnan Blazquez
<francis at aspl.es>:

> It is not applied Robert. Axl library do not depends on win socket so it
> is not required.

Hi, it looks like axl-knife depends on. It has a reference to
WSAGetLastError. Hence is requires the ws2_32 library and an include of
<winsock2.h> and a #define S_ISLNK(m) (0) to get it compiled.

The thing is, that axl-knife might not be that mission critical but the
makefiles don't run to the end. The result is that the pkg-config files
are not installed and that than compilation of vortex fails because it
requires a higher AXL version number.

So, makefiles not running to the end have a quite heavy impact on the
other parts. That's why I wanted to mention it.

I'm going to send you the file changes I made by hand so you can diff them
and see if some minor changes help to get the mingw stuff running out of
the box.

Best regards.

--
Robert M. Münch