[Vortex] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.15 'The attack of the mutant protocols!' is ready!

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Oct 6 15:32:33 CEST 2008

Hi Robert,

> Hi, it looks like axl-knife depends on. It has a reference to
> WSAGetLastError. Hence is requires the ws2_32 library and an include
> of
> <winsock2.h> and a #define S_ISLNK(m) (0) to get it compiled.

Uhmn...this is a bug. I've fixed it. WSAGetLastError must not be used on
axl. I've replaced it with GetLastError.

I've also added a deinition to S_ISLNK as you suggest.

> The thing is, that axl-knife might not be that mission critical but
> the
> makefiles don't run to the end. The result is that the pkg-config
> files
> are not installed and that than compilation of vortex fails because
> it
> requires a higher AXL version number.
>
> So, makefiles not running to the end have a quite heavy impact on
> the
> other parts. That's why I wanted to mention it.

You are right. This minor things makes dificult to compile axl or
vortex.

> I'm going to send you the file changes I made by hand so you can diff
> them
> and see if some minor changes help to get the mingw stuff running out
> of
> the box.

Nice. Thanks for reporting Robert. Cheers!

> Best regards.

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.