[Vortex] win2K and Channel DTD

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Tue Oct 7 18:50:57 CEST 2008

> Hello gents,

Hi Fred,

> I’m quite a newbie using Vortex but I’m confronted to the following
> problem under windows 2000 (the target platform for our dev)
>

> VORTEX_ERROR: unable to load channel.dtd file.
>
> VORTEX_ERROR: unable to load dtd files (this means some DTD (or all)
> file wasn't possible to be loaded.
>
> ERROR: unable to initialize vortex library
>

> I tried without success to add a vortex_support_add_search_path as
> it’s supposed to correct the problem
> (http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2007-August/000190.html)
>

> But without success, I did ask for a win2k dev platform but as in any
> big corporation like mine i twill take a a looooooong time before I
> can really have it)
>

> Any pointer to a possible cure ?

Starting from vortex 1.0.14 release [1] it is no longer required to
bundle DTD files along with the dll. They are inlined inside the code
using axl-knife (see vortex-channel.dtd.h [2]).

Are you using vortex 1.0.15 windows installer? or you are building from
source code?

Cheers!

> Cheers

[1] http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2008-April/000446.html