[Vortex] win2K and Channel DTD

DE JAGER Frédéric NAN frederic.dejager at atosorigin.com
Wed Oct 8 10:44:17 CEST 2008

Hello again,

The _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE define is only present to avoid messages like :

1>.\axl_stream.c(2435) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated
1>        D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\stdio.h(339)
: see declaration of '_vsnprintf'
1>        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using
_vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE.
See online help for details.'

In fact I missed the axl_config_win32.h file :)

I'll rebuild using it and check the regression test.

Concerning the change in behaviour I suppose it's due to the way vsnprintf
is implemented in the CRT but as now I'm quite unsure of the real reason.

Cheers
Fred