[Vortex] Listener notification of channel creation?

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Oct 20 09:26:29 CEST 2008

> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm still working on a simple RFC3195 implementation using Vortex, its
> going well.  I gave up trying to get the library to build on OS X

We are working on a virtualization infraestructure to check this issue
(and to give support for other OSes). In the past we have access to an
OS X machine at the SF farm, but they have taken down the service...

> but it
> works great on FreeBSD :)

Nice.

> Question, in this profile the Listener (server) needs to send the
> first
> message back to the Initiator (client).  The only callback I can find
> for
> channel creation is VortexOnStartChannel in
> vortex_profiles_register(), but
> the channel is not open, that is just to allow/deny/setup the channel.
> So
> what's the best way to send the first message from the listener?  Some
> sort
> of async queue?

See test_01c at test/vortex-regression-client.c (and how it is
implemented the profile used at the listener side:
test/vortex-regression-listener.c).

Cheers!

> Thanks,
> Skye