Robert M. Münch
robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Fri Jan 2 17:23:19 CET 2009
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Am 02.01.2009, 12:39 Uhr, schrieb Francis Brosnan Blazquez <francis at aspl.es>:
> There are two profile types. Both add semantic to your protocol but one
> of them do a "tunning" operation. This involves a BEEP connection reset
> after successful profile activation.
Hi, I tried to make some steps forward. But I think I hit a blocking point. Trying to structure down what I want to do and what I found out:
=== What do I want to do
I need to route all Vortex network messages over something like a proxy server. For this I have own written send/receive functions that work like a socket. The connection to the proxy and from the proxy to the BEEP server is setup before any Vortex stuff happens. So, TCP/IP connection is established.
=== Things I tried
1. To change the transport mapping handlers I need a VortexConnection object. So, I need to have a way to create such an object but without having it to make any connection.
2. Tried to get a Vortex connection boot-strapped with an already established communication link
- - Using vortex_connection_new with the proxy host/port
- - The connection will fail (as expected) but now I have a VortexConnection object to change transport handlers
- - Changed the transport handlers to my function
- - Tried a vortex_connection_reconnect
The last one doesn't work because vortex_connection_reconnect will use the provided host/port values from vortex_connection_new and calls __vortex_connection_new which will create an own socket. Thus not taking into account that I have provided my own send/receive handlers that already can work on an established connection.
3. Than I tried using vortex_connection_new_empty to avoid this socket stuff. The problem here is, that this function tries to create channel 0 before I'm able to specify new transport handlers. I should first be able to provide new transport handlers and than have Vortex start all this BEEP initializing stuff.
=== Blocking points
1. I can't see a way to tell Vortex just to use my handlers (without doing any socket stuff) that can already send data back and forth
2. I don't see a way to tell Vortex to start the whole BEEP setup process like creating channel 0 etc. using the provided send/receive handers. These steps are currently hard coded into __vortex_connection_new which always creates its own socket. So I don't know how to start a new "BEEP initializing without socket stuff".
Any idea how I can solve this?
Robert M. Münch
Management and IT freelancer
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.9.0 (Build 397)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Vortex