[Vortex] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.17 'Lost keys' release is ready!

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Fri Jan 23 11:02:10 CET 2009

Hi Robert,

> Hi, thanks for the update. Great to see Vortex evolving. :-) Maybe we
> see
> 1.1 to in the near future?

Certainly it is near ;-) It takes a lot of time to deliver with all
things checked...

> Is there an overview available that shows which other BEEP
> implementations
> work together with Vortex? IMO this would be a nice thing to do. I
> would
> help to assemble such an overview.
>
> First question for this is: What other stable-enough BEEP
> implementaitons
> are available?

You can start with implementations available at [1]. Sam Roberts
reported beep4j works. I think he is currently the man who know about
others BEEP toolkits and its *real* state.

> I'm especially interested in BEEP implementations that can run inside
> browser.

Then I think you should look into jsBEEP and beep4j. The first for
obvious reasons and the second because it should be possible to run it
with a java applet.

Another element to keep in mind is all this stuff may change in the near
future due to the websocket protocol [2]. In essence like BOSH but clean
and well defined, and the most important, part of HTML5.

Cheers!

[1] http://www.beepcore.org/beep-toolkits.html
[2] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-01.txt

Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.