[Vortex] [BUG] Regression tests on windows

Benoit Amiaux benoit.amiaux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:22:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Francis Brosnan Blázquez
<francis at aspl.es> wrote:
>> Here are the results of regression tests on windows
>> * test_01h:
>>    libc runtime assertion on result = write(socket, string,
>> strlen(string)) with string = "RPY\n"
>
> Not sure why this happens. The test can't be simplier. Which tool are
> you using to track execution? We use valgrind and it reports no
> problem... :-?

This was fixed by commit 4481. I used vortex 1.1.5 for tests which
didn't include this fix yet.
The assertion is automatic when using MSVC debug libraries.

>> * test_02m2:
>>    random memory corruptions when releasing pointers
>>    it doesn't always happen so it looks like a race-condition
>
> Do you have a backtrace report? Seems to be a windows specific issue.

I believe it happens on all platforms :D
It crashes on vortex_frame_unref at vortex_reader.c:666
The issue is that
vortex_channel_invoke_received_handler &
vortex_profiles_invoke_frame_received
unref the input frame on errors.
However, __vortex_reader_process_socket still use the frame after
calling those functions.
Attached patch seems to fix the issue, by not releasing the frame
pointer in those two sub-functions but let the caller deleting it on
errors.

>> * test 04-e
>>    Test 04-e: file size received: 348194
>>    Unable to properly read the file, size expected to read 359357,
>> wasn't fulfilled
>>    ERROR (8): found md5 differs..
>>    Test 04-e: check payload feeder support [ FAILED ]
>
> Do you receive this error with latest svn?

It's fixed in SVN :)

>> * Test 15 (ALIVE)
>>    Note that there is a glitch in test number 15/16 between ALIVE and HTTP
>
> Sure. It was added the alive test at the end but later we found it was
> better to leave as latest test the HTTP proxy support for those that do
> not have an HTTP proxy to do the check. Is this what you mean?

I'm not sure how to run an HTTP proxy. I'll look at the documentation.

Thanks,
Benoît Amiaux