[Vortex] Unterminated threads

Wimpie Nortje wimpienortje at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:59:56 CEST 2011

Hi Francis,

Thanks for the response.

I have attached a listener program to show my problem. It is used with
vortex-simple-client.
>> These notify threads are never destroyed
> These threads should finish (they are created with detached state so,
> once the function that impersonates the thread finish it should also
> finish the thread itself).
>
> In the other hand, regression tests shows these threads are terminated
> for all tests where connection close is involved.
You are right. I checked with Valgrind, all resources are freed.

I think the problem is that the custom thread destroy function is not
called. The attached program shows that the custom create function is
called once but the destroy function never.
>> and that gives me problems in
>> my application.
> Could you give some additional details..
My custom thread destroy function is not called. This leads to memory
leaks and other weird problems.

Regards
Wimpie