[Vortex] Build questions & strange crash

"Robert M. Münch" robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Sat Jul 7 13:29:23 CEST 2012

Am 07.07.2012 um 01:47 schrieb Robert M. Münch:

> Hi, after a long time I try to catch up to the latest vortex & axl release. But I face a couple of problems. My platform is MINGW on Windows-7.
>
> 1. I think I somehow screwed up different version of vortex I use in my projects because this simple code already crashes my application. It worked in the past:
>
> 	ctx = vortex_ctx_new();
>
> 	if(!vortex_init_ctx(ctx)){
> 		// unable to initialize the Vortex Library
> 		return false;
> 	}
>
> The code crashes at vortex_init_ctx(). The vortex code is linked into a DLL which is used from a scripting language I made a binding to.
>

> 2. Ok, so I thought let's do a new compile of axl and vortex to get to the latest state. So far it works, but there are no static libraries generated. I saw a reference to static_lib in the windows makefile but it seems it's not used.
>
> So, how can I create static libs for axl and vortex? This would simplify my build setup tremendously.

Answering my own post:

1. Yes, it seems some binaries were screwed up. So I got the latest AXL and VORTEX libs an compiled everything from scratch.

2. I finally used Code::Blocks to compile the AXL and VORTEX lib, which is way faster to setup, than to fight against all the makefiles, paths, tools etc.

Robert