[Vortex] APEX / XMPP over BEEP?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Sun May 4 13:26:08 CEST 2008

On Sat, 03 May 2008 17:42:59 +0200, Jens Alfke <jens at mooseyard.com> wrote:

> APEX might be cleaner to implement since it was, of course, designed
> to layer atop BEEP.

Hi, yes, that's my impression as well.

> What are the specific XMPP features that you're interested in?

Well, I like the idea of an application / service framework with a dynamic
mesh. Beside IM a lot of different applications come to mind. For example
a P2P eBay. You just publish your stuff and others can query it.

So, APEX looks to me like an infrastructure for meshs of services.
Something like a plug-in infrastructure over the internet. And that's what
I find interesting about it. Web2 apps are far from being plug-in able.
You either use them or not, but you can't combine them.

Robert