[Vortex] Channel piggyback

Skye skye at F4.ca
Fri Nov 14 22:18:44 CET 2008

Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:

>> If I wanted to send this piggyback data when I create a channel...
>>
>>       I: <start number='1'>
>>       I:   <profile
>>       I:       uri='http://xml.resource.org/profiles/syslog/COOKED'>
>>       I:     <![CDATA[ <iam fqdn='lowry.example.com' ip='10.0.0.27'
>>       I:       type='device'/> ]]>
>>       I:   </profile>
>>       I: </start>
>>
>> I assume I need to use vortex_channel_new_full()
>> What should I pass in profile_content parameter?  The full string inside
>> the
>> CDATA[ .. ]?
>
> Place the content directly, without CDATA declaration. This is already
> added by vortex. I've updated documentation to clearly state this.
> Thanks for reporting.

Perfect, thanks!

Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:

>> Is there a way to pack/unpack the tags (fqdn, ip, type) using the axl
>> library?
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this. Could you explain what are you
> trying?

I mean the easy/cheap way for me to generate profile_content would be to
printf("<iam fqdn='%s' ip='%s' type='%s' />") on the initiator and sscanf()
on the listener, but that's no good if i want to interoperate with other
libraries.  Is there something in AXL I can use to dynamically generate the
iam tag + properties and parse it on the other end so its more flexible?

Skye