[Vortex] OS X woes

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Mon Sep 29 09:44:44 CEST 2008

Hi Tony,

I've found your message discarded by the mailing list. You must
subscribe to post messages.

>         I'm trying to use libvortex for a project at work, and ran
>         into the same
>         errors that were reported in this mailing list posting from
>         April:
>
>         http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2008-April/000553.html
>
>         I fixed the first two on my own, but don't know what to do
>         about the bus
>          error.  I get the same error in the same place with a svn
>         trunk build,
>         which suggests to me that nobody has fixed this problem yet.
>
>         Has anyone else worked on fixes to these problems and gotten
>         anywhere on
>         OS X?  Mac compatibility is important to us, and I find it a
>         bit
>         surprising that the project's homepage says Mac OS X is
>         supported
>         despite these problems.

At the time the error was reported, other users were using the library
with no problem but compiling with X Code [1].

Even Dave reported he didn't have no problem with X code [2]. That make
us to think about some problem around the compilation process.

Reading the backtrace shows that something didn't built properly since
that function (__vortex_io_waiting_poll_clear) should never receive a
NULL value. That's why I told Dave to check the build [3]. After that no
more reports were received.

You can post your config.log and full log of your compilation (please
gzip them) to see what's happen...

>         If anyone has any tips on fixing the vortex-listener bus
>         error, please
>         let me know.  For the other problems, I'm happy to supply a
>         patch or
>         commit my fixes to them.

Sure. Post them or write me directly.

Thanks for reporting Tony. Cheers!